Born in Montreal, Umberto Bruni is initiated, at the age of 13 years, to painting, decorating, mural and stained glass by Professor Guido Nincheri. From 1930 to 1938 he studied at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts de Montréal. In 1939 he teaches at the Academy Querbes Outremont and then from 1947 to 1969 to l’École des Beaux-Arts de Montré al. Subsequently, he taught for many years at the University of Quebec at Montreal (UQAM). During this period, he participated in over 30 exhibitions in Quebec and Europe. In 1972, he was appointed director and curator of the Gallery of the University of Quebec at Montreal. In 1980, he retired to devote himself entirely to his art. Bruni is a member of The International Institute for Preservation of Historical & Artistic Works of London, the Accademia Gentium Pro Pace of Rome and the Royal Canadian Academy of Arts. It is also an honorary member of Institute of Figurative Arts.
In April 1989, the son of Italy Order of Canada awarded him the Golden Lion for his contribution to Canadian society as a teacher and artist. Bruni’s paintings and sculptures can be found in many corporations and important private collections in Canada, USA and Europe.
|La porte cochère||Jour ensoleillé|